Monday, February 16, 2009

This weeks featured etsy seller!

Name: Irina Dalah

Location: Mazkeret Batiya, Israel

On the net: www.redcatartbeads.etsy.com

Time Crafting: I'd say about 30 years, seeing that I'll turn 40 this year, but I've been beading for only 20
Time selling: about 8 months
Favorite Item: I've got a few, all of them original designs, but I'll have to choose this one: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=18095516
Most exciting thing about beading: the versatility you get for so little investment in tools and materials
Lest liked thing about beading: can't think there is one ;-)
Full or Part-time crafter: unfortunatelly, it's part-time. I'm a computer programmer by day, hoping against hope I can become a full jeweler soon
Learn next: I'm torn between metalsmithing - just enough for making the type of beads and findings that are very expensive as suplies; and lampwork beads. I've learned stained glass crafting a few years back, and I'm very into glass
My addition: I'm hoping the hand-made trend will grow and eventually become the main source of production. I do believe in craftmanship, even in my programming work ;-)

No comments: